CeSMA - Smart electromechanical materials for research and industry
The Center Smart Materials and Adaptive Systems CeSMA investigates innovative approaches to realize controllable systems and technological components by means of smart materials. Sensors and actuators, energy harvesters and Human-Machine Interfaces, mechatronic systems such as controllable dampers, clutches, brakes and fixture devices, smart textiles, optoelectronic systems and optical interconnection systems, as well as display technologies and electronic components represent the fields of activities.
We have built up different competences in order to provide the requested knowledge to customers and partners:
- Strong knowledge in smart materials – from synthesis, formulation to chemical analysis and characterization
- Processing from 2D to 3D and from sub-µm-scale to Roll-to-Roll technology
- Simulation and Modelling of technological components tailored and engineered to the respective needs
- Set-up of technological components in order to leverage the potential of smart materials
- Integration of technological components into systems including hardware and software engineering, data transfer and interaction with state-of-the-art components.
The objective of our work is the realization of smart components that exploit excellent properties of novel smart materials. This is enabled by a unique interaction between chemists, physicists and electrical, mechanical and materials engineers in the team.
In consequence, we combine novel functionalities with robustness taking into consideration environmental aspects during manufacturing and end-of-life aspects (recycling).
- Contract-based Development of materials and technologies according to the specifications of local and global acting customers
- Participation in joint research projects
- Preparation of upcoming technologies by taking up results from academia
- Consulting and networking